Raw Pad Thai Noodle Salad
Tahini Sauce (4 servings. Save extras and keep in the refrigerator for 10 days):
4 Tablespoons of tahini
2 Tablespoon of lime juice
4 Tablespoon of coconut amino sauce (soy substitute)
2 Tablespoon of maple syrup or 2 medjoll date (if they are not super soft, soak them in warm water for 10 minutes)*
A handful of fresh cilantro
2 tsp. Grated fresh ginger
4 Tablespoons of coconut vinegar
1/4 Cup of water*
1 teaspoon of cayenne or red chili flakes (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste
* You may need to add a bit more water if the consistency is extremely thick. I am looking for something a little thicker but creamy. Something that will stick to the spoon. This is good for sticking to the noodle dish
Veggie Noodles: (2 servings)
2 green zucchini squash (2 smaller or 1 large)
1 yellow squash
1/2 Cup of blanched asparagus diced
1/2 Cup of blanched peas & carrots (frozen bags come in handy here)
2 scallions chopped
A handful of fresh cilantro chopped
1 Cup of any type of micro greens (radish, beets, arugula, watercress, pea shoots - there are so many super nutritious greens available)
Lime wedges for squeezing
- In a high speed blender, add all ingredients through chili flakes and blend until thick and smooth. See note about adding in a couple of tablespoons of water at a time to get the desired consistency. Set aside when complete.
After RESET phase, add in chopped red or green cabbage, shredded carrots, sprouts and roasted pumpkin seeds
- Spiralize your yellow and green squash. Add in the asparagus and peas. Mix and set aside. Wait until you are ready to serve your dish before you add the tahini sauce.
- When you are ready to serve, add 1 tablespoon of tahini sauce (for each serving) to your spiral mixture. Move around and incorporate the sauce into the vegetables. Start your bowl with a 1/2 cup of micro greens. Add half the spiral mixture to each bowl. Top with scallions and cilantro. Squeeze some fresh lime as desired and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with avocado, chopped scallions and fresh cilantro
* If you are not making both servings, store the raw veggies separate from the dressing. This will keep for 3 days.