Cauliflower Fried Rice
- 1 head Cauliflower (florets and stems) ( I use the food processor and pulse on high speed till the cauliflower resembles rice
- 2 Cups frozen peas and carrots (whole foods sells a frozen organic 365 brand that I love using)
- 1 can diced water chestnuts
- 4-5 organic eggs (scrambled and set aside)
- ½Cup chopped onion
- 2-3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼- ½ Cup lime Ponzu sauce ( if you don’t know what this is it’s in the Asian aisle of most supermarkets. It’s a great lighter alternative to soy sauce. I use it on everything!
- Adobo seasoning
Place the cauliflower rice in glass bowl and microwave for 2 2 minutes to steam the slightly cook.
In a big frying pan on medium heat saute the chopped onions until translucent. Add the frozen peas and carrots and saute another several minutes.
Add cauliflower rice and bring the heat up to med high.
Add water chestnuts and stir ingredients together.
I prefer the fried rice a little crispy so I let it sit for several minutes before stirring again. It gives the rice a nice crispy texture. After about 10 15 minutes of cooking the rice, add the ponzu and
remove from heat after a minute or two.
Fold in the scrambled eggs, garnish with fresh scallions and toasted sesame seeds.
Season to taste with Adobo
**I make a big bowl and serve it for a day or two. Also will cook ground chicken or turkey at times and serve the meat on top of the rice. When I make the ground meat, I will also saute a bag of shredded cabbage and season with ponzu. From there I will take some of the mixture and put it into the food processor with a little water. I stir that mixture into the cooked meat to add flavor and moisture to lean chicken or turkey….I’ve shared a very big secret Doug ; ) You can do so many different things ie...add more vegetables. Good luck and enjoy!